ME220 VV is an EPDM-based membrane used for sealing interfaces to provide airtight or weather tight seals. It is suitable for wide ranging application details. The material does not contain any solvents which could later migrate into adjacent surfaces.
ME220 VV EPDM membrane is used for sealing the connecting joint between a window/curtain walling and an adjacent structure (e.g. a wall, concrete panel, steel frame, etc.), providing air and weather tightness.
The membrane is fixed to frame and construction using the full face self-adhesive.
If an internal and external membrane is required, in order to meet the principle of ‘inside tighter than outside’, ME220 VV should be located as the inner membrane and ME501 Duo Window Membrane HD or ME501 VV as the outer membrane. This will ensure that the inner seal is more vapour tight than the outer which will facilitate drying out of any entrapped moisture between the two layers.
- High resistance to mechanical damage
- High performance full face self-adhesive backing for quick and easy fixing
- Excellent movement capability in both transverse and longitudinal direction with excellent material recovery after elongation
- Excellent weathering, ageing and UV radiation resistance
- Excellent moisture vapour barrier