High Grip Solvent Free
MT480 is a water-based, gap filling grab adhesive. It offers gap filling and bonding performance, but without the issues surrounding solvent-based adhesives.
For Interior Use
MT480 has been developed to provide an economical water-based alternative to conventional grab adhesives. It is suitable for a wide range of construction applications and bonds to most typical construction materials.
One of the bonded surfaces must be porous.
- Water based construction adhesive with high initial grab and ultimate bond strength
- Contains no organic solvents
- Gap filling formulation forms a strong bond even with irregular or uneven substrates
- Bonds most typical construction material - ideal for expanded and extruded polystyrene
- All surfaces must be clean and free from grease, contamination dust and other loose material.
- Surfaces may be damp but not running wet.
- It may be necessary to prime dusty or porous substrates with WD110 diluted 5:1 with water and allow to dry thoroughly before using the adhesive.
- Abrading the bond surfaces will assist final bond strength.
- One of the two bonded surfaces must be porous
MT480 is a water-based, solvent free gap filling grab adhesive. It offers gap filling and bonding performance, but without the issues surrounding solvent-based adhesives. It is an ideal choice for the professional user when local regulations do not permit the use of solvent-based systems and it is a sensible adhesive to select for use in confined areas where ventilation is poor and solvent based adhesives could be considered hazardous. Applications include: fixing aluminium and PVCu nosings and extrusions to concrete and wooden stairs; carpet grippers to most sub floors without using tacks or nails; most types of wall cladding, direct wall studding, internal wall surfaces or timber battens; direct fixing of battens, architrave, etc., to walls without other fixings; and fixing floor boarding and skirting boards.
MT480 has excellent adhesion to brick, concrete, blockwork, wood, plywood, chipboard, hardboard, plasterboard, polystyrene, laminated plastics metals and ceramics.
380 ml cartridges (25 per carton)
|Composition||Water based emulsion|
|System||Evaporative cross linking|
|Final Adhesion Strength||7 days|
|Application Temperature||+5°C to +40°C|
|Service Temperature||40°C to +100°C|
|Storage||Store in dry shaded conditions between +12°C and +25°C. Do not allow to freeze.|
|Shelf Life||12 months when stored as recommended in original unopened packaging.|