Butyl Tape NT
ME407 is a cold, self-adhesive membrane for vapour, air & watertight joints between exterior wall sections & load-bearing structures.
ME407 is used to make various joints and exterior wall sections internally vapour and airtight, externally watertight, and to create pressure equalisation in the exterior wall structure.
- UV resistant film/backing
- The adhesive layer remains flexible at high and extremely low temperatures and does not extrude
- Does not cause staining on the substrate, so the adhesive layer does not dry out
- Bonds to virtually all existing substrates
- Does not require preheating before or during application
- Provides permanent grip
- Very high vapour tightness, hence watertight and airtight also
- Bonding surfaces must be clean, and free from grease and other contaminants that could affect a sound bond.
- Bonding surfaces must be stable and free from loose material.
- On highly porous substrates (concrete, cellular concrete, plasterwork, etc.) as well as butyl tape overlaps, we advise priming with ME901 or ME902 Butyl & Bitumen Primer.
- To determine the width dimension of the illbruck ME407 Butyl Tape NT, the following general rule applies: the width of the joint plus 100 mm bonding surface (50 mm either side).
- To determine the total length required, the following general rule applies: when joined together, ME407 Butyl Tape NT should have an overlap of at least 50 mm.
ME407 is a membrane made up of a laminate film with a pure butyl adhesive layer, lined with siliconised paper.
|Roll Width (mm)||Roll Thickness (mm)||Rolls/Box|
|Basic Bonding Layer||Modified butyl rubber adhesive|
|Film (Backing Material)||Cross laminated ALU/ HDPE film|
|Protective Film||PE film, siliconised|
|Fire Class||DIN 4102||B2 (normally flammable)|
|UV Weather Resistance||Excellent|
|Water Vapour Permeability||4108-3||Water vapour tight (sd value ≥500 m)|
|Vapour Diffusion Resistance||EN1931 Method B||μ > 1,000,000|
|Staining on Building Materials||Compatible with many substrates|
|Temperature Resistance||-20°C to +80°C|
|Application Temperature||+5°C to +40°C|
|Storage||Rolls must be stored lying flat and level, in dry and dust-free conditions between +5°C and +35°C|
|Shelf Life||2 years when stored as recommended in original unopened packaging|