Compriband Timber Max
TP450 is a soft and flexible open cell polyurethane foam, impregnated with an acrylic based, UV stabilised resin. It provides a weather tight seal against the most severe combinations of wind & rain.
TP450 provides a weather tight seal against the most severe combinations of wind and rain, with particular suitability for sealing the head and sills of windows installed in timber frame construction and can accommodate up to 37 mm of differential movement within a max. 50 mm wide joint. Extensively tested with BBA accreditation, TP450 has a proven reputation across both the UK and Europe.
- Minimum 450 Pa weather resistance, 600 Pa with the three smaller sizes, to DIN EN 1027
- Accommodates up to 37 mm of joint movement within a maximum 50 mm wide gap
- Weather seal for wind-driven rain but breathable for vapour diffusion
- Can accommodate differential movement on timber frame construction up to 5 storeys
- Seals effectively – no remedial visits or wet sealants
- Continually expands and contracts to accommodate movement whilst still sealing the joints
- Long life expectancy
- The tape should be selected so that the roll width (joint depth) is at least equal to the tape thickness (joint width) in service. For applications outside of this instruction, please consult our sales office.
For full details, refer to the Technical Data Sheet and the Application Guidelines.
|Material||Polyurethane cellular foam, impregnated with a modified flame retardant artifical resin|
|Building Classification||DIN 4102||Impregnated with a modifed flame retardent artifical resin B1, self extinguishing, P-NDS 04-229|
|Thermal Conductivity||DIN 52612||λ 10 < 0.055 W/m.K|
|Vapour Resistivity||DIN 52615||μ < 100|
|Weathering Test||DIN 53387||The requirements of the DIN standards are met|
|Weathertight Against Driving Rain||En 86/ DIN 52453||The requirements of the DIN standard are met up to the described joint sizes, giving a minimum of 450 Pa, independently supervised by MPA Hannover.|
|Compatibility with Conventional Construction Methods||DIN 52453||No Signs of corrosion observed on iron, zinc, steel, galvanised steel, aluminium and copper. No adverse effects with concrete, aerated concrete, brick, some stones, PVC, Plexiglas or timber.|
|Service Temperature||-30°C to +90°C|
|Storage||Store rolls horizontally between +1°C and +25°C in dry conditions and away from direct sunlight. Re-Seal packaging between use to prevent expansion during storage.|
|Shelf Life||2 years when stored in its original unopened containers.|