Fix & Seal Crystal
SP030 is a totally clear, fast-curing adhesive-sealant for use in the sealing and bonding of glass panes.
For Interior Use
SP030 is a totally clear flexible seal-adhesive. Ideal for use in the sealing and bonding of glass elements in a wide range of interior applications where a transparent bond is required. Typical uses include bonding glass panes to aluminium or anodised frames (construction of display cases, caravan windows, retail units, glass lifts etc). This adhesive is compatible with metals and most materials used in construction work.
- A crystal clear adhesive-sealant ideal for transparent bonding of glass panes
- Advanced hybrid polymer formulation - a more environmentally friendly alternative to traditional PU adhesives
- Does not contain solvents or isocyanates - very low odour
- Aesthetic totally colourless
- Excellent adhesion to a wide range of materials including metals, glass, PVC and concrete
- Rapid skinning - tack free in approx 10 minutes
- Always carry out a test to confirm compatibility prior to use.
- Surfaces to be bonded must be clean, dry, dust-proof and degreased.
- Roughen non-porous surfaces.
- On materials such as glass, aluminum, ceramics, lacquered wood, PVC, epoxy and polyester, tests have shown that primer may be needed, but not always. For other materials, please contact tremco illbruck Technical Services.
- Cut off end of thread with a sharp knife, avoiding damage to the thread. Trim the nozzle to the required diameter.
- Ensure good contact between the joint surfaces before applying adhesive.
- Apply a bead of adhesive to one or both surfaces.
- For larger bond areas, spread the adhesive immediately using a notched spreader.
- Bring the two components together immediately and hold together for at least 5 minutes until sufficient bond strength has developed. Sufficient working strength will normally develop after 5 -10 minutes.
|Composition||Advanced SP polymer formulation||Advanced SP polymer formulation|
|Specific Gravity||DIN 52 451-A||1.04|
|Consistency||EN 7390, 20 mm profile||0 mm, non-sagging|
|Shore A Hardness||DIN 53505 / ISO 868||30|
|Shrinkage||DIN EN ISO 10563||2.70%|
|Modulus @ 100%||EN 24380||0.6 N/mm²|
|Elongation at Break||DIN EN ISO 8339, method A||240%|
|Elastic Recovery||BS EN ISO 7289||> 50%|
|Permitted Total Deformation||20%|
|Cure Time (at 20°C)||~ 3.5 mm/day|
|Skinning Time||@23°C and 50% RH||~ 10 minutes|
|Application Temperature||+5°C to +40°C|
|Service Temperature||-40°C to +80°C|
|Storage||Store in dry shaded conditions between +5°C and +25°C.|
|Shelf Life||12 months when stored as recommended in original unopened packaging.|