A low viscosity PU adhesive designed for rapidly bonding wood to wood.
PU012 is a low viscosity PU adhesive designed for rapidly bonding wood to wood. It is suitable for full water immersion, even in seawater. It is ideal for the manufacture and lamination of composite panels and will bond many different types of foam and insulation materials to a wide variety of rigid and flexible facing panel types. Typical uses are in the manufacture and erection of cold stores, caravans, mobile homes, offices and insulated building units.
- Waterproof adhesive suitable for external use - meets the requirements of EN 204 (D4)
- Forms an exceptionally high bond strength to most building materials, even damp substrates
- Gap filling action achieves a high strength bond with irregular or uneven substrates
- Rapid curing and outstanding bond strength without the need for priming or surface treatment
- Apply using a trowel, notched scraper or hand roller to one of the surfaces to be bonded along the glue line. The amount applied will vary according to the porosity/smoothness of the substrates and the means of application but would normally be in the range of 80 - 120 ml per m².
- Once the adhesive has been applied, a light misting of water should be applied. About 5 - 7.5% of water by weight based on the adhesive coating weight is ideal. Avoid excessive amounts of water.
- Assembly should then take place with the application of pressure/clamping as soon as possible to minimise water evaporation and within the open time of the adhesive.
- The pressure required will vary depending on the substrates used but will typically be in the range of 0.5 to 0.9 bar.
- The pressure should be maintained until the adhesive has cured sufficiently to permit handling of the bonded item.
- Full cure will not be obtained for 24 hours and handling within this period should be kept to a minimum.
|Solids Content||Approx. 100%|
|Working Time||Approx. 20 minutes|
|Pressing Time||12 hours|
|Pressing Pressure||10 - 30 kg/cm²|
|Flash Point||> +110°C|
|Coverage||100 – 200 g/m² depending on the porosity of the substrate|
|Service Temperature||–30°C to +100°C|
|Application Temperature||+5°C to +30°C|
|Storage||Store in shaded, dry conditions between +5°C and +25°C. Protect from frost.|
|Shelf Life||12 months when stored as recommended in original unopened containers|