Duo Window Membrane HD
ME501 VV is a high strength, tear resistant membrane made from polyethylene copolymer film with non-woven fabric and self-adhesive films for reliable and user-friendly application.
ME501 VV provides a high performance internal and external seal to the perimeter joints between the window/curtain wall and the construction.
Due to the intelligent, variable vapour permeability (sd value), complies with ‘inside tighter than outside principles’. The full self-adhesive backing provides a quick and robust method of adhesion to window and construction substrates.
Ideally used as an external weather tight seal in conjunction with ME508 Duo Membrane EW/F as an internal airtight seal.
- Quick and easy application with high performance ‘next generation’ waterproof acrylic adhesive strips with split release liner
- Cold/winter weather application easier (with use of primer)
- Requires minimal or no ‘wet’ adhesive
- Minimises wastage
- Instantly weatherproof up to 600 Pa and airtight to Passiv Haus standard (600 Pa)
- High-performance adhesive is compatible with most common building substrates (please contact an illbruck representative for more information or technical advice)
- Reduction in application risk especially around corner detailing etc. and from other trades penetrating the membrane post-application - reducing the cost of potential remedial works whilst being easy to repair if necessary.
- Intelligent moisture management through variable sd value - ideally installed in conjunction with ME508 Duo Membrane EW/F to facilitate drying out of wall build-up.
- UV stable – will tolerate up to 12 months’ direct exposure prior to covering.
- Fully compatible with illbruck Building Protection Membranes.