Premium Natural Stone Silicone Matt
FA880 is a one component, low slump silicone completely free of any ingredients likely to cause migratory staining to natural stone. It is neutral curing for safe sealing of stonework and has a matt finish. Contains fungicide. FA880 is classified according to EN15651 for use in cold climates. Please see table below for further classifications.
FA880 has been formulated for the long term elastic sealing of movement joints between natural stone such as granite, slate, terrazzo, porphyry, limestone, travertine, sandstone, quartzite, marble, etc., as well as for joints with other construction materials like concrete, ceramics, metals, glass, PVC and primed wood.
- A high performance silicone sealant developed specifically for the sealing of natural stone whereby tremco illbruck guarantees no migratory staining
- Superb matt finish
- Good resistance to UV light, ageing and weathering
- Contains fungicide to prevent mould growth - suitable for sanitary & swimming pool surround applications
- Rapid curing formulation - skins within 10 - 20 minutes
- Chemically neutral, not corrosive and very low odour
- Compatible with most construction materials
- Use a high quality geared sealant gun to expel the sealant consistently. Cut cartridge nozzle to desired aperture.
- Apply sealant slightly proud of desired level, spray on illbruck smoothing agent AA301.
- Tool off immediately using a jointing tool such as illbruck AA311.
- Note: avoid making too many passes with the smoothing tool to avoid polishing the matt finish.
|Classification||EN 15651 part 1||F-EXT-INT-CC|
|EN 15651 part 3||XS1|
|EN 15651 part 4||PW-EXT-INT-CC 12.5E|
|Staining||DIN ISO 16938||No migratory staining|
|Density||DIN 52451-A||~ 1.3 g/cm3|
|Skin Formation||+23°C, 50% RH||~ 15 minutes|
|Curing Rate||+23°C, 50% RH||~ 3 mm in 1st day|
|Shrinkage||BS EN 10563||~ 6%|
|Modulus at 100% Elongation||BS EN 8339|
|~ 0.6 N/mm²|
|Tensile Strength||BS EN 8339|
|~ 0.8 N/mm²|
|Elastic Recovery||BS EN 7389|
|~ > 90%|
|Movement Accommodation Factor||BS 8449 Method A||50%|
|Movement Capability||ISO 11600||20%|
|Shore A Hardness||BS EN 868||~ 35|
|Application Temperature||+5°C to +40°C|
|Service Temperature||-40°C up to +150°C (Short Term)|
|Storage||Store in shaded dry conditions between +5°C and +25°C|
|Shelf Life||18 months when stored as recommended in original unopened containers|