Industrial Contact Adhesive
CT704 is a versatile multi-purpose contact adhesive, used in a wide variety of construction & industrial applications. It is simple to apply by brush or comb & dries to form a high strength bond with many materials.
For Interior Use
CT704 is a very versatile multi-purpose contact adhesive, used in a wide variety of construction and industrial applications. It is simple to apply and dries to form a high strength bond with many materials, such as laminated plastic, decorative hardboard, plywood, metals and rubber. High coverage for general laminating applications.
- Multi-purpose contact adhesive with a wide range of industrial and construction applications
- Easy to apply using brush or adhesive spreader
- Forms a high strength bond with many materials, including plastics, metals and masonry
- Excellent resistance to water, mild acids and alkalis
- Final bond will withstand intermittent temperatures up to +70°C (after 7 days)
- Stir the adhesive thoroughly before use. For ease of application, maintain at a temperature between +15°C and +24°C.
- Apply a uniform coating of adhesive to both surfaces using a serrated trowel, adhesive spreader or brush.
- Allow the solvents to evaporate until the adhesive is dry to the touch. This may take 10 to 20 minutes depending on the porosity of the materials, ambient temperature, humidity and the thickness of the deposited adhesive
- Position coated surfaces accurately and press firmly to ensure overall contact.
- Mechanical pressing, even of very short duration, will always give superior results.
- Hand pressing by means of a flat wooden block lined with felt or hard rubber roller is sufficient for most applications.
- Clean equipment with TREMCO AW421 solvent cleaner
|Composition||Blend of synthetic rubber-based polymer and aliphatic hydrocarbons|
|Application Temperature||+5°C to +25°C|
|Heat Resistance||up to +70°C|
* For best heat resistance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before subjecting to high in-service temperatures up to 70°C.
|Storage||Store in dry shaded conditions between +5°C and +20°C.|
|Shelf Life||18 months when stored as recommended in original unopened packaging.|