Sprayable Contact Adhesive
CT456 is a spray-applied contact adhesive that is particularly suited to the post forming of plastic laminates. The adhesive has good temperature resistance, instant grab and high ultimate bond strength.
CT456 has a variety of industrial applications, but is particularly suited to the postforming of plastic laminates. The adhesive has good temperature resistance, instant grab and high ultimate bond strength, so is suitable for even tight radii postforming. It is also used for bonding a wide range of materials, such as metals, expanded foams, plywood, OSB, particleboard, hardboard and plasterboard.
- Very high initial grab and ultimate bond strength contact adhesive
- Ideal for laminate postforming, even in tight radii operations
- Improved atomisation allows immediate lay up, eliminates blooming and reduces odour
- Sprayable formulation allows high coverage rates and rapid application times to be achieved
- Surfaces must be clean, dry, smooth, firm and free from any traces of contaminant which may affect adhesion.
- Metal surfaces must be degreased using AT200 High Strength Cleaner and completely dry before bonding.
- See product data sheet for application details.
|Composition||Modified chloroprene rubber|
|Viscosity (at 20°C)||120 - 280 cps|
|Flash Point||below -20°C|
|Open Joint Time||Porous Substrates: Instant to 25 minutes|
Non-Porous Substrates: 5 to 45 minutes
|Application Temperature||+5°C to +25°C|
|Heat Resistance||-40°C to +120°C|
* For the best heat resistance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before subjecting to high in-service temperatures up to 120°C. Higher temperatures can be tolerated in certain occasions, please refer to CPG technical for more guidance.
|Storage||Store in dry shaded conditions between +5°C and +25°C.|
|Shelf Life||12 months when stored as recommended in original unopened packaging.|