Premium Glazing Silicone
FA101 is a one part, neutral curing, low modulus, low odour silicone sealant for sealing around frames and glazing units. It exhibits excellent primerless adhesion to many common building substrates such as glass, polyacrylate, polycarbonate, painted wood, varnished wood, anodised aluminium, and forms an excellent waterproof seal.
FA101 Premium Glazing Silicone is typically used around glazing. It is also suitable for movement joints, meeting the requirements of EN ISO 11600. It offers good adhesion to most non-porous substrates such as anodized aluminium, polyacrylates, polycarbonates, painted or varnished wood, glass and glazed surfaces.
- Abrasion resistant
- Long term resistance to weathering and ageing with extra UV protection
- Neutral curing – low odour and compatible with sensitive substrates
- Easy to use
- Contains fungicide
- Always carry out a test to confirm compatibility prior to use.
- Surfaces must be clean, free from grease, stable and dry.
- For non-porous substrates use cleaner AT200, do preliminary test.
- Use a brush to remove loose particles from joints.
- For plastics and powder coatings, clean with AT115 and conduct preliminary tests to confirm compatibility.
- For full details, refer to product data sheet.
|Specific Gravity||EN ISO 1183-1 B||~ 1|
|Fire Classification||EN13501-1||Class E|
|Resistance to Flow||EN ISO 7390 (20 mm)||0 mm|
|Shore A Hardness||ISO 868||~ 20|
|Skin Forming Time||at 23°C, 50% RH||~ 5-10 minutes|
|Cure Rate||at 23°C, 50% RH||~ 2.5 mm/1st day|
|Volume Shrinkage||EN ISO 10563||~ 3%|
|Tensile Strength||EN ISO 8339||~ 0.5 N/mm²|
|Elastic Recovery||EN ISO 7389||~ 80-90%|
|Modulus at 100% Elongation - Black & Middle Brown||EN ISO 8339 at 23°C||~ 0.3-0.4 N/mm²|
|Modulus at 100% Elongation - White & Translucent||EN ISO 8339 at 23°C||~ 0.4 N/mm²|
|Elongation at Break||EN ISO 8339||~ 230%|
|Movement Capability||ISO 11600||25%|
EN 15651-1 class 25 LM CC
EN 15651-2 class 25 LM CC
DIN EN ISO 11600-F-25LM
DIN EN ISO 11600-G-25LM
|Application Temperature||+5°C to +40°C|
|Servicing Temperature Range||-40°C to +150°C|
|Storage||Store in dry conditions between +5°C and +25°C|
|Shelf Life||12 months when stored as recommended in original unopened containers.|