TP600 is an impregnated joint sealing tape for use in a wide variety of movement joints including window perimeter seals and other applications.
TP600 is an impregnated joint sealing tape for use in a wide variety of movement joints including window perimeter seals and other applications. Weather tight against the most severe combinations of wind and rain, it satisfies most expectations as an external weather seal in building and civil engineering applications. With full BBA approval, the product has been extensively tested and has a proven reputation across both the UK and Europe. BBA Certificate N° 96/3309 and, as part of the i3 system, N° 12/4891.
- 15 year performance guarantee
- Weather seal for wind-driven rain
- Breathable – for vapour diffusion
- Continually expands and contracts to accommodate movement whilst still sealing the joints
- Thermal and acoustic insulation
- TP600 is not suitable for locations where standing water or a head of water is likely to occur, eg under a window fixed on a flat topped sub-cill where the tape is not within 2-3 mm of the vertical face of the sub-sill.
- High temperatures accelerate tape expansion, while low temperatures delay this. At ambient temperatures above 20°C, the tape should be stored in a cool place on the construction site away from direct sunlight. A small fridge is ideal for this.
- Remaining rolls in opened boxes should be maintained in a horizontal state and weighed down to prevent lateral expansion (telescoping) of the rolls. Whilst it is unnecessary to seal over the external face of the tape, the exposed edge can be plastered or painted over. The compatibility of sealants must be tested. In some cases, white sealants can be incompatible. The tape must not come into contact with chemicals containing solvents or aggressive chemicals.
|Building Classification||DIN 4102||B1, self-extinguishing, P-NDS 04-229|
|Fire Classification||EN13501-1||Bs1, d0*|
|Exposure Class for Impregnated Foam Tapes||DIN 18542||BG1|
|Thermal Conductivity||DIN 52612||λ 10 < 0.048 W/m/K|
|Vapour Resistivity||DIN 52615||μ < 100|
|Resistance to Root Penetration||DIN 4062||The requirements of DIN standards are met|
|Air Permiability||DIN 18542||α < 1.0 m³ / [h.m.(daPa)2/3]|
|Weathertight Against Drving Rain||DIN 18542 / DIN EN 1027||The requirements of the DIN standard are met up to the described joint sizes, giving a minimum of 600 Pa, independently supervised by MPA Hannover.|
|Compatibility with conventional construction materials||DIN 18542||No Signs of corrosion observed on iron, zinc, steel, galvanised steel, aluminium, and copper. No adverse effects with concrete, aerated concrete, brick, some stones, PVC, Plexiglas or timber.|
|Life Expectancy||> 25 years|
|Performance Guarantee||15 year warranty** on performance|
|Service Temperature||-30°C to +90°C|
|Storage||Store rolls horizontally and in original caton between +1°C and 25°C in dry conditions between use to prevent expansion during storage.|
|Shelf Life||2 years when stored in its original unopened containers.|
|* For further information, please contact illbruck technical services department.|
** Under the conditions specified by the manufacturers. Only valid on receipt of the correct registration documents in accordance with terms and conditions, available on request.