Floor Joint Sealant
SP540 is a one-part, non-sagging, elastic sealant based on hybrid-polymers. Suitable for use in both indoor and outdoor applications.
For Interior and Exterior Use
SP540 is an elastic hybrid sealant for floor joints in pedestrian walkways, warehouses, parking areas. SP540 can be used in both indoor and outdoor applications.
During and after curing, SP540 is chemically neutral and low odour. After total curing the product is permanently elastic while still maintaining a high mechanical strength.
The time for film formation is approximately 35 to 40 minutes. During and after curing, SP540 is chemically neutral, non-corrosive and low odour. After total curing the product is permanently elastic while still maintaining a high mechanical strength. SP540 shows a good resistance to UV light, weather and ageing. The product is free of isocyanates and silicone.
- Isocyanate & silicone free
- Fast curing
- Fast tack-free time
- Permanent elasticity
- High mechanical strength and good abrasion resistance
- Excellent resistance to weathering, aging and UV exposure
- Joint faces should be clean of dust and free from substances likely to impair adhesion.
- Loose friable material must be removed and arrisses made good. Remove loose particles on concrete and plaster joints using a brush.
- Metal surfaces should be degreased with solvent.
- For a neat finish use masking tape for the joint edges.
- Depending on the substrate AT115 and AT200 cleaners are available.
- Clean powder coated surfaces with AT115.
- It is recommended that preliminary tests are carried out.
|Specific Gravity||DIN 52451-A||1.5|
|Consistency||EN 27390 20 mm profile||Non-sagging|
|Skin Forming Time||+23°C, 50% RH||~ 35-40 minutes|
|Cure Rate||+23°C, 50% RH||Maximum 3 mm in first 24 hours|
|CE Classification||EN 15651||Part 1: F-EXT-INT-CC, Part 4: PWEXT- INT-CC|
|Shrinkage (by Volume)||DIN EN ISO 10563||3%|
|Modulus at 100% Elongation||DIN 53504 S2||~ 1.0 N/mm²|
|Tensile Strength||DIN 53504 S2||~ 1.7 N/mm²|
|Elongation at Break||DIN 53504 S2||~ 300%|
|Shore A Hardness||DIN 53505||35|
|Movement Capability||ISO 11600||25%|
|Application Temperature||+5°C to +40°C|
|Service Temperature||-40°C to +90°C|
|Storage||Store in dry conditions between +5°C and +25°C|
|Shelf Life||12 months when stored asrecommended in originalunopened containers|