Duo Membrane EW/F
ME508 is a non-woven fleece laminate which is self adhesive across the full width of the membrane for optimised adhesion. Provides airtightness whilst allowing vapour to diffuse to the exterior of the building.
For Interior Use
Part of illbruck's intelligent membrane range, ME508 provides excellent air tightness to Passivhaus standards whilst allowing water vapour to diffuse out to the exterior of the building, ensuring no moisture build up which can lead to mould and mildew.
Strong and reliable self-adhesive, allowing bonding to virtually any substrate (eg masonry, concrete, PVC, metal, wood, and all usual insulation materials (EPS, XPS, PUR rigid foam), making application fast and simple. The combination of self-adhesives provide options for installing to the window frame edge (W) or face (E), providing air and weather tightness. For best results, should be used as part of the illbruck i3 window sealing system.
- Quick and easy application with split release liner
- Suitable for retrofit
- Initial repositioning possible, bond strength increases over time
- Used to create an airtight seal between the building structure and the window interface
- Can be used where wet plaster will be applied
- Helps achieve Passivhaus standards of airtightness
- Complies with the “inside tighter than outside” principle in order to facilitate moisture and vapour control.
• Fully self-adhesive
• Humidity variable non-woven composite membrane with split release liner
• Intelligent adhesive allows for perfect moisture control
• Easy to apply with facility to reposition
• Can be plastered or overpainted
|Flammability Class||DIN 4102||B2 (normal flammability)|
|Coefficient of Diffusional Resistance||DIN EN ISO12572||sd value 0.4 - 20 m|
|Resistance to Driving Rain||EN 1027||1050 Pa|
|Airtightness||EN 1026||<0.1 m³/[h.m(da Pa)n]|
|Compatibility with Construction Materials||DIN 52452||Fulfills requirements|
|UV Stability||9 months prior to covering|
|Length Tolerance||DIN 7715||P3|
|Width Tolerance||± 2.5 mm|
|Service Temperature||-40°C to +80°C|
|Application Temperature||-5°C to +40°C|
|Storage||Store in shaded, dry conditions|
24 months when stored as recommended in original unopened packaging
* The laminated self-adhesive is at a distance from the edge from 1 to 6 mm
** depending on the application temperature or on highly absorbent surfaces, ME902 or ME904 primer can be used to improve adhesion and optimise usage